Waking up a few minutes earlier to prepare breakfast can be such a drag for most people. For sure you would rather sleep during those extra minutes and grab something to eat on your way to work, or sometimes skip your breakfast altogether. Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why? Because your morning fuel can make or break your day, it can either give you the energy you need to work and function effectively or can give you a sluggish start which can go on during the entire day even if you already had something to eat.
There are so many good reasons why you should start off your day with a healthy breakfast.
- For one, people who are trying to control their weight think that skipping a meal will help them shed some pounds. On the contrary, skipping breakfast will actually make you overeat during lunch because by that time you will be very hungry.
- Eating breakfast will also maintain an even blood sugar level in our body that we need to give us more energy during the day and our overall health. A healthy breakfast will benefit especially those with diabetes to prevent peaks and valleys in their blood sugar levels.
- Giving yourself a few minutes in the morning to have a healthy breakfast will help replenish the glucose levels that your brain needs to function properly. Breakfast can easily give you the clarity and focus that you need in your daily activities.
- Energy is essential to make the entire body function properly. Even with your best effort, a lack of energy will curb your potential to perform your activities as you wish. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast will give your body the boost that it needs so that you will have the energy for your morning workouts or to get you started for a busy day.
With the fast paced life that you lead, you might think that preparing a healthy breakfast can be tricky. You might be able to pull out something from the fridge or be tempted to buy something processed because you may be thinking that a healthy breakfast would take time to prepare. It’s all about making the right choices and keeping everything fresh. Here are some ideas that you could use when preparing a healthy breakfast. This will give you the energy boost that you need for your hectic day and ensure that you are healthy and in tip top shape.
- If you are a little pressed for time in the morning, you could still prepare a healthy breakfast for you or your kids. Preparing whole grain cereals with milk, topped with fruits is very quick and easy. Some other things that you can prepare in a short amount of time are peanut butter on wholegrain toast with juice, natural muesli with low fat yoghurt, or a piece of fruit with milk.
- If you have a little more time on your hands, a fresh fruit and veggie smoothie will get you going in the morning. You can also cook eggs and eat it with a whole grain toast, toast a muffin and top it with your favourite spread, prepare pancakes or waffles, make a breakfast burrito, or you could cook porridge and combine it with fruits in season.